Alma Mater Studiorum, Universita di Bologna
- Master degree in Computer Engineering "magna cum laude", got in July 1995 from the University of Bologna, presenting the thesis "A programming environment for the real-time control of a high-dexterity robotic manipulator".
- Ph. D. in Electronics and Computer Engineering, got in February 2000 at the end of the regular 3-year course, presenting the thesis "Public-key infrastructures for secure transactions over untrusted networks".
Since 1996, my main activity has been researching the fields of computer and network security, applied cryptography and digital signatures.
Since January 1st, 2001 I am part of the full-time staff of the Engineering School of the University of Bologna, with the qualification of Confirmed (since January 1st, 2004) Researcher.
I have been in charge of various teaching activities at the University of Bologna, participating in the programming activity, in the production of the teaching materials and in actual teaching.
I was the tutor for about 60 students during the preparation of their thesis (both bachelor and master degrees)
Detailed teaching activity:
- Tutoring for the Computer Networks course (years 1996, 1999-2003)
- Tutoring fot the Logic Design course (year 1997)
- Contents definition, design and partial teaching for the Network Administration course (year 2003) then full responsibility of the same course (since 2004), then re-design as Laboratory of System Administration with an extension triple than the original (2005 onwards)
- Full responsibility of the Logic Design course (2001-2005)
- Teaching of the Security module within the II-Level Master in System Integration (2004 -2005)
- Scientific direction and partial teaching of the Advanced Education Course (Corso di Alta Formazione) "Information Security Expert" (2007, 2009)
Recent and current research projects:
- Basic ministry-funded research 2000/2001: “IT Infrastructures for the handling of secure transactions in computer networks”
- Basic ministry-funded research 2002/2003 “Security management within distributed computing architectures”
- Basic ministry-funded research 2004/2005 “Configurable infrastructures for network security”
- FIRB Project, Strategic Program "Enabling Technologies for the Knowledge Society - ICT", Target Project 2: Networks and Netputing “Middlewares for Advanced Services on Large Distributed Wired-Wireless Systems” - Coordinator Prof. Giovanni Chiola (November 2002/November 2005)
- CNR Strategic Project (Law 449/97), Area: Distributed-Objects Complex Enabling ICT Platforms “Software Infrastructure for Hard-Environment-Specific Ad Hoc Networks” - Coordinator Prof. Carlo Ghezzi (Jan. 2003/Dec. 2005).
- PRIN 2005: MObility BInding middleware (MOBI): mobile middleware for the adaptive binding to multi-modal services within mobile contexts - Scientific coordinator Prof. Marco Roccetti, Scientific referent Prof. Antonio Corradi (Jan. 2006 / Dec. 2007).
Activity in scientific boards:
- Applied Computer Security Conference (ACSAC); reviewer since the year 2000
- IEEE International Symposium on Computers and Communications (ISCC); reviewer since 2004, TPC member since 2005
- International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence (ICAART) – reviewer since 2011
Knowledge transfer and industrial collaborations:
- Consultant in the design and administration of Internet server architectures since 1996.
- Project management for university-industry research projects worth more than 200k€ in the 2007-2010 period.
- Security analysis of e-voting systems for official usage by the Ministry of University and Research.