Call for Papers – SIGCOMM 2012 Conference, 13-17 August 2012
Stavroula Maglavera has asked me to raise your attention to the following call for papers at the SIGCOMM 2012 conference, which runs between the 13thand 17thAugust 2012.
The SIGCOMM 2012 conference seeks papers that describe significant research contributions to the field of computer and data communication networks. We invite submissions on a wide range of networking research, including, but not limited to:
- Design, implementation, and analysis of network architectures and algorithms
- Economic aspects of the Internet
- Enterprise, datacenter, and storage area networks
- Experimental results from operational networks or network applications
- Fault-tolerance, reliability, and troubleshooting
- Insights into network and traffic characteristics
- Network management and traffic engineering
- Network security, vulnerability, and defenses
- Network, transport, and application-layer protocols
- Networking issues for emerging applications
- Operating system and host support for networking
- Peer-to-peer, overlay, and content distribution networks
- Resource management, quality of service, and signaling
- Routing, switching, and addressing
- Technical aspects of online social networks
- Techniques for network measurement and simulation
- Wireless, mobile, ad-hoc, and sensor networks
The SIGCOMM conference is looking for papers that report novel results firmly substantiated by experimentation, simulation, or analysis. Submissions can be up to 14 pages in length, in two-column 10pt format. Note that accepted camera-ready papers will be 12 pages in length, in two-column format with 9pt font.
This year, authors will have the option of submitting a short rebuttal of the reviews of their paper after the first round of reviewing has concluded. The goal of the rebuttal process is to allow authors the opportunity to correct misperceptions, if any, regarding their paper. Note that submitting a rebuttal is entirely optional.
In addition to the main conference, SIGCOMM 2012 will have a series of co-located workshops, a poster and demo session, a travel grant program, and conference best paper and SIGCOMM awards.
The submission instructions will be posted on the conference website soon (http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2012/cfp.php).